written by David Steffen
It’s been a great year for Podcastle with some of my favorite episodes ever after they and their sister podcasts came back from the brink of having to close due to lack of funds. The podcast is still edited by Dave Thompson and Anna Schwind and they’re doing a great job.Just a few days ago there was a metacast that announced big new things coming up, including that Alasdair Stuart and J. Daniel Sawyer are now owners of the company. Just yesterday I learned that Dave and Anna are stepping down from their editorial positions early this year after five years in the position–I hear that the full details are in the most recent episode along with the story Rachael K. Jones’ “Makeisha in Time” but I haven’t had time to sync my iPod and listen since I heard this, so I don’t know much more about it yet.
On to the list!
1. “Heartless” by Peadar O Guilin
2. “The MSG Golem” by Ken Liu
3. “Stranger vs. The Malevolent Malignancy” by Jim C. Hines
4. “Without Faith, Without Law, Without Joy” by Saladin Ahmed
5. “Gazing into the Carnauba Wax Eyes of the Future” by Keffy R.M. Kehrli
6. “Help Summon the Most Holy Folded One!” by Harry Connolly
“The Old Woman With No Teeth” by Patricia Russo
“Underbridge” by Peter S. Beagle
“Ill Met in Ulthar” by T.A. Pratt